The first workshop for application support will be held at the East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd, on Wednesday July 5, 2017 from 4:00PM to 7:00PM. A subsequent workshop will be held at Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Hwy, on July 7, 2017 from 10:00AM to 2:00PM.
Applicants attending the outreach should bring all required documents listed below.
Baton Rouge ReBuilds Developer Rental Program
The goals of the Baton Rouge ReBuilds Developer Rental Program (“Program”) are:
The program is designed to provide forgivable loans for construction of new rental units and repair or reconstruction of flood-damaged rental units affected by the Great Floods of 2016 for occupancy by low-to-moderate income tenants. Under the program, the Louisiana Housing Corporation (“LHC”) will accept an application from an eligible developer who will repair, reconstruct, or newly construct residential rental housing units in a project that will not exceed seven (7) residential housing units. Properties may be scattered site, within a single building, or combination of these. Eligible property owners must secure all funds necessary which are required in excess of the assistance provided by the program.
The program will provide benefit in the form of affordable rents to tenant households meeting the low-and moderate-income (LMI) National Objective requirements in accordance with HUD LMI standards.
An Eligible Applicant may be one of the following entities:
Required Documents to be Submitted with the Application
Reconstruction And New Construction
1. Site Plan Created By Architect Or Engineer
2. Floor Plan Created By Architect Or Engineer
3. Front, Side, And Rear Elevations Created By Architect Or Engineer
5. Evidence That Project Meets Zoning Requirements
6. Construction Proposal From Louisiana Licensed Contractor (If Project Has Not Started)
7. Construction Contract From Louisiana Licensed Contractor (If Project Has Started)
1. Site Plan (May Be Hand Drawn)
2. Floor Plan (May Be Hand Drawn)
3. Photos Of Front, Rear, And Sides Of Exterior
4. Photos Of Each Room
5. Complete Scope Of Work To Include Modest Appliances
7. Evidence That Project Meets Zoning Requirements
8. Construction Proposal From Louisiana Licensed Contractor (If Project Has Not Started)
9. Construction Contract From Louisiana Licensed Contractor (If Project Has Started)
14.Evidence that the housing unit is either not in a Special Flood Hazard Area or is at an elevation one foot (1’) above the DFIRM elevation requirement, if the property was substantially damaged (as determined by local code enforcement officials)
Application Guidelines published
Application Intake Deadline
Commitment Letters issued continuously after this date on a first-come basis