The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
is a federally funded program that weatherizes homes to improve heating and cooling efficiency; thereby reducing energy costs and improving the comfort level of household members.
Just the facts
Household income determines the minimum requirements for weatherization assistance. Availability of WAP is not guaranteed.
Priority is given to the following groups:
2018 Annual Income Levels
Size of Family Unit
|Families with more than 8 persons
||Add $8,640 for each additional person
Information needed to apply
- Last four consecutive copies of check stubs for employed household members
- Proof of unearned income (Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, Disability, etc.)
- Proof of present address (rent receipt, lease or deed, etc.)
- Must have valid Driver’s license or picture ID of head of household and (his/her) Social Security cards
- Additional information may be required to determine your eligibility for weatherization assistance
Weatherization Training Center/BPI Test Center